Edges and Drinks
Edges and Drinks aims to promote Afro-Nordic sisterhood, celebrate the diversity of Afro hair, and honor Black history in the diaspora. Join us for a platform that redefines sisterhood and the essence of being a Black or Brown woman in the Nordic region.
We will be serving East African food, snacks and beverages, including non-alcoholic options. Activities will be a afro-textured hair and cultural show, slam poetry, stands, press wall, red carpet interviews and the whole event will be live streamed by our media partner Mamos TV- The largest broadcasting media platform catering for Diaspora and Africa to celebrate diversity.
Theme: Afro-Nordic Excellence
- The showcasers will be displaying their interpretation on this year's theme on the runway.
- The guests are encouraged to use it as the dress code.
11:00 - 12:30 Doors
Mingle with welcome drinks, snacks, press wall, stands and red carpet interviews
Poetry By Asha Abdullahi
Asha Abdullahi is a slampoet who uses her words to express herself and shed light on issues close to her heart as a black, hijab-wearing woman. On October 1st, she will grace the stage at the Edges and Drinks hair and culture celebration with her powerful performance.
- Miriam Nabunya, Founder and producer, Edges and Drinks
- Dr. Michelle Tisdel, Project manager, Black History Month Norway
- Official opening speech by Marian Abdi Hussein, Deputy Leader of the Socialist Left Party (SV) and Member of Parliament for Oslo
Decentering Whiteness and Decolonizing the Narrative: Perspectives from Afro-Nordic Women
A conversation led by Chisom Udeze and panel consisting of groundbreaking women.
- Deise Nunes- Arts researcher
- Monica Gathuo: Project manager and anti-racist activist
- Amelia Høy: Actor and activist
Changing The narrative in practise
An enlightening fireside chat that promises to reshape the narrative, featuring our illustrious host, Irene Kinunda Afriyie , and the trailblazing passionate start-up founder; Lalla Coulibaly of Krølltopp.no, Krølleløftet and Daba. .
For our meat-loving tribe, prepare to indulge in a heartwarming plate of Beef-Infused Jollof Rice, paired with a savory Chicken Stew, fried Plantains, and a refreshing Salad drizzled with a delectable vinaigrette. And for our plant-based family, you're in for a treat! Enjoy a steaming plate of flavorful Jollof Rice, accompanied by a hearty Vegetable Stew, plantains that melt in your mouth, and a crisp Salad kissed by that same tasty vinaigrette.